Ultrasonography is one of the most popular imaging examinations performed by doctors. It allows a doctor to get the image of tissues and organs of the patient through the use of sound waves. This method is non-invasive, painless and in many cases an essential diagnostic tool.
At Fast Medica Dr Grzegorz Pospiech performs the ultrasound examinations. Dr G Pospiech and his team of sonographers were one of the pioneers in Poland introducing ultrasound examination of hip joints for new-borns and infants as a screening test.
Fast Medica’s ultrasound clinic offers following :
- Abdominal cavity – liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, paraaortic lymph nodes, peritoneal cavity (please consume the last meal up to 4 hours before the visit)
- Retroperitoneal space – kidneys and urinary bladder, urinary bladder
- Thyroid – thyroid gland and neck area
- Prostate – prostate gland
- Breasts – assessment of breast glands and surrounding lymph nodes
- In the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology – assessment of the state of the uterus and ovaries, monitoring of pregnancy
- Infant hip joints: prevention of dysplasia and congenital dislocations of the hip joints